Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Very Hungry Caterpillar Room Part 2 - Sewing

When I bought the fabric panel for the fabric wall art for my son's room, I also bought coordinating fabric for other parts of his room. I wanted to make a curtain for the window and a crib skirt for his crib. For both of these projects I used a pattern from the fabric store (though I can't remember which one). For the curtain, I used the spot fabric and created a flat panel that is mounted in the window with a dowel. I used a green ribbon to tie up the panel to open the curtain. The valance has a nice tailored look achieved with a 1 by 4 board mounted to the window with L brackets. The fabric is stapled to the board across the front and sides to create a boxed look. The crib skirt I made looks just like the valance, same boxed look with the green and yellow fabric.

When a woman that my husband works with heard about our theme for Jaden's room, she went right out and got some fabric herself. With it she made a cute quilt that she gave us after Jaden was born. The quilt has two of the printed fabric panels for the front, and the back is a white fabric printed with the text "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and little caterpillars. My favorite part is the border she created with green and red circles - just like the hungry caterpillar! The quilt was a great addition to my son's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...