Thursday, July 22, 2010

Very Hungry Caterpillar Room Part 3 - Painting

The planning for Jaden's room also included the walls. I wanted to paint scenes from the book on the walls of his room. My husband and I selected a light blue for three of the walls, and dark blue for the fourth wall. The light blue walls are the "day" walls, and the dark blue is the "night" wall. My husband painted the wall color for me, and painted and installed the crown moulding. Once he was finished I took over the painting to create the various scenes. On the lower half of the walls I started by rolling on a coat of green paint, after which I sponged with various colors of green to create the the grass. On one of the day walls I painted a large sun similar to the sun in the book. On the night wall I painted the moon and the leaf with the egg from the beginning of the book.My favorite part of the painting was the large green leaf on the day wall, complete with the holes where the caterpillar ate his way through. I painted a little caterpillar on this wall similar to the very hungry caterpillar pictured in the book. I don't claim to be a fantastic painter, but I was quite happy with the results.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are doing a hungry caterpillar theme for my sons room too but I could NEVER paint like that. I'm slightly jealous haha. It looks awesome!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...