Wednesday, July 6, 2011

In the Kitchen | Feeling Domestic


So far this summer has been a hot one and in hot weather I don't like to turn the oven on. Who wants the extra heat in the house? Despite that fact, sometimes its still fun to do some fresh baking. In my mind nothing quite says home sweet home than the small of fresh bread and cookies. As I was measuring and stirring I thought about the smells of Christmas in the kitchen and the coziness of having family close. Recently, I borrowed a copy of the book Mad Hungry: Feeding Men and Boys by Lucinda Scala Quinn from the library. Its a cookbook about cooking good food for the men and boys in your life and filling the kitchen with smells that remind them of home and keep them coming back. I really liked how Scala Quinn describes cooking for her family as an act of love.


Staying home with my children is something I've always wanted to do. I love the smell of bread, freshly baked and cooling on the counter. I enjoy making fresh cookies to greet my husband when he comes home from work. I want my kitchen to be filled with the aromas of good food created with love for the people I love. I like feeling domestic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...