Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thrifty Thursday | Wall Decorations


For Hannah's room I've been wanting to make some wall letters to hang above her changing table. I was recently at Hobby Lobby and found these letters and ribbon for a great deal. The six letters were $1.78 and the ribbon was $0.99. Since I already had the paint and brushes from painting her wall mural and other wall designs, the project only cost me $2.77 - can't beat that!

The painting process was pretty simple.  I gave each letter two coats of paint - choosing bright primary colors.  When they were dry I cut lengths of ribbon, tied each in a bow and hot glued the ends to the back of each letter.  Then I hung the letters over Hannah's changing table with some small finishing nails.


A perfect accompaniment to the other painting on the wall in Hannah's room.  Using the cover of the book by Dr. Seuss and a projector I drew and painted "One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish" in bright primary colors.


On the wall behind the crib I painted a scene from "Oh the Places You'll Go!"  I still want to paint a quote from one of Dr. Seuss' books on the wall above the large balloon, but haven't quite found the time yet.

These painting projects were basically free since I borrowed the projector from my mother-in-law, already had the paint and brushes, and already owned the Dr. Seuss books.  Two fun, frugal projects for my daughter's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...