Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Beach Robe Project

One great thing about reading sewing blogs are all the great ideas that I get for projects of my own.  Recently Dana from MADE published a new pattern that she had developed for a beach robe.  Her pictures are always great and I instantly fell in love with this pattern.

The pattern is for 9 months to about 4 toddler and all you need is a large towel and 3 packages of bias tape.  I already had a towel in mind for the project and I made my own bias tape with some fabric that I already had.  When the robe was finished I had Jaden model it for me.


The towel is kind of girly so I figure that this robe will be for Hannah.  I'll have to make another one for Jaden so I'll be on the lookout for cute towels for a boy.


The robe came out really nice.  The yellow bias tape really finished it off nicely and the lined hood adds a nice touch.  I've always liked this particular towel - so bright and cheerful - but it was starting to show some wear.  This project gave it some new life!


Jaden was so wonderfully cooperative during my little photo shoot - quite unusual for this 2 year old.  I think he got a kick out of being outside in his barefeet, and wearing the new robe.  I think he also liked how warm and cozy the robe was.  I can't wait to try this project with a different towel, it was so easy!



1 comment:

Maja Huether said...

Love your robe! I just made some for my kids too. www.stuffbymaja.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...