Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Fun | Watercolor Painting

One of the things I enjoy most about being a mom are the fun little activities that you can do with little ones.  And the great thing with preschoolers is, everything is new and exciting.  In this case, watercolors.

It's only mid July, but already I've seen back to school sales around here.  I love seeing all the new markers, paper, pencils, backpacks, and so on.  At my local grocery store this week they had Crayola watercolors on sale for $1.00.  I've been keeping an eye open for some since Crayola seems to have the best.  I've tried off brands before but have always been disappointed with the quality.  So on my regular shopping trip I picked up two sets.


Jaden was so excited to try painting.  I sat down with him and showed how to get them wet, then showed how to drag the brush across the paper.  What fun watching him in deep concentration as he created his masterpiece!


He even managed to stay reasonably clean - though he did try to lick the paintbrush a couple of times, eww!  Jaden just couldn't wait to show Daddy how he could paint and his pictures are now hanging on the fridge for all to enjoy.

Have a fun Friday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...